Phew! What a year!
Thank you so much for reading about our little life with diabetes and twins. This little life that can sometimes take over a whole room full of people. Sometimes because of low blood sugars and sometimes because of crazy, seven-year-old boys! Ha!
Thank you also for voting for our contest! I can't believe that just with love from my family and friends and your family and friends that we we were able to get 1893 votes! I am humbled and blessed. Thank you. It was fun, wasn't it? Although on the last couple of days, I was either going to need Valium or defibrillator!
Thank you for sharing our Facebook page, Twitter account and our website with your friends. Your kindness is amazing. It has helped us spread the word of diabetes to so many people that would have otherwise never known.
Don't know about you, but I am fulfilled! If not a little exhausted...
I'd like to share good news with you since you helped build it.
The exciting tallies for the year are as follows:
We reached 50,000 hits this year! Actually just today. Thanks!
We have over 200 likes on our Facebook page.
We completed 30 days of posting during National Diabetes Awareness month. Raising awareness to over over 8,000 people.
We are currently reaching about 7,000 people per month.
Finally, the best of all, we were able to share the signs and symptoms of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes with over 6 million moms!! In hopes of saving one little life, of course, could be the most important thing.
But, we are not done yet!
I have big plans for 2013. I have created a list of "All Year Resolutions" giving myself 365 days to complete them. Putting them down on proverbial "paper" makes them real, doesn't it? Here goes...
- Publish my book called Blueberry Juice. That is how this whole blog thing started in the first place. I wrote a book during my infertility years. It is real, raw and funny. I was in my 30's when I wrote it and it is basically a diary of going through the darkest time of my life for five years. It contains much more daring writing than my blog which people have told me helps them get through their infertile days. I have been holding onto it for almost ten years now and have only let my close friends and family read it. I never wanted to throw it out there haphazardly because I knew one day if it found the right publishing house, it could help thousands of woman get through their darkest days. Now I know I am ready. I am going to find a great agent and publish it. Finally! Of course, as soon as I get any information, I will share the news!
- Figure out Pinterest. I need to just take some time and see what it's all about. It seems super fun!
- Advertise. Great news! We got accepted to have Target advertise on our site! They will send out special weekly deals that you can only get on the blogs where they advertise. So, I need to figure it all out and bring you guys the deals! So far, I have seen 50% off a Canon SX 150 14.1 MP camera! Look for great deals all year long from Target and other great retailers.
- Get a puppy! I miss having a dog in the house and since I am not having any more babies, this is the next best thing. I promise to get a super cute one and send lots of pics.
- Get at least 100 freelance writing jobs! I love doing freelance. Putting a number out there like 100 pushes me to network within newly discovered channels. I hope to write something for Parents magazine. I love that one. I am also going to submit tons of stuff to Circle of Moms in the blogger section and the Round Up! Any time one gets published, I will attach it here also.
- Learn how the big dog, bloggers do it. I have to read, read, read. There is a whole world out there that includes branding, guest bloggers, back links, vlogging, HTML codes, hashtags and twitter/Facebook advertising. I have research and decide what is best for us.
So, that's it. Therefore, I am putting out the "gone fishing" sign.
I will be back in about two weeks with some of the above stuff figured out. I will definitely get to the Target deals for you, some posts on Circle of Moms, and the Pinterest stuff. Probably not the puppy yet and hopefully the agent!
Please allow me a couple of weeks to recoil and research. Once I return, I will have great posts of all the fun! However, I will take the lead from the television industry. I will post repeats each day of posts from the past year. If you haven't been reading Everyday Highs and Lows since last year, they will be new to you! If you have been thanks for reading EHLs. I will post on our Facebook page first once we are back. If you haven't already liked the actual Facebook page and you want to know when we come back online, just click here www.facebook.com/everydayhighsandlows and press the "like" page button.
I hope you all have a Happy New Year! Stay safe and designate a driver. Thanks again for an amazing year!